Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rest..

Dear Friends,
It's one in the morning and I can't go to sleep. I keep..remembering. And the thing is, I WANT to. I want to remember, I want to feel sad, I want to make up dreams, I want to change what was.
But the other half of me is fighting so strongly against it. I guess I always feel like, you can't give into those feelings, because it's showing regret over the situations God put you through. It's showing selfishness, in wanting to feel sorry for what you've got, when, in reality, I got it all. It's wanting to plan for your future, and not rest, being assured that it is all in Gods hands.
Rest. I pray for rest. And yet part of me wants this restlessness. Part of me wants to continue in wishing and dreaming. If you're reading this, then please pray that rest would win..because I don't think I can fight this on my own.
Tomorrow is Sunday...I want to have peace and rest. Both physically and spiritually.
So, I pray for rest.
Good night, you all. Or should I say; Bom dia.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, may He grant you rest and peace in abundance. I feel you!!! That wanting to feel restless, worried, dreaming...that IS SO HARD to shake. He will always help us to shake it though-- since it is His will for us to rest in Him and live in the present that He's granted us Ecc. 7:10. He may not (I'm finding) help us shake it as quickly or in the manner that we'd like, but He WILL do it. Keep seeking. Commit your works to Him and your thoughts will be established.

    ReplyDelete