Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Christ in Me

I just got back from our English-speaking/foreigners Youth group (Clay) and was really convicted with the message we heard there.

The actual lesson was about our identity in Christ and how we need to stop measuring ourselves compared to the worlds standards, or our own standards, but see what God says is Truth about who we are in Him. Just to be reminded that my 'goodness' or 'holy status' does not depend on me is so refreshing! That Christ has paid it all...taken my sin and placed in me HIS Righteousness....who am I to doubt the Power of His blood when HE says I am pure? Amazing love, how can it be!

But our youth leader added on at the end a very important note. If we are now In Christ, He should be our identity. Who we are and what we do should reflect Christ.

He brought it home by bringing up our interactions with each other. How am I treating my brothers and sisters in Christ?

He reminded us of the power of Words. Is what I am doing or saying in 'fun' really causing someone pain? Are my interactions with others stemming from my genuine love and compassion for them?

And not just to my brothers and sisters in Christ, but to the world around me! Am I being an example of the same compassion and tenderness that Jesus showed daily as He walked here on this earth? Would someone define me as being Christ-like? But shouldn't I be? Shouldn't we all be who claim to have Him at our core? Not because we are amazing special people in and of ourselves, but because we have an Amazing, Special Power at work within us!

Oh, Christ, make me more like You! Let me disappear as my heart, mind, lips and attitude cry in a united voice: Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment