Saturday, January 8, 2011

I Have Discovered My Super-Power!


Setting: Mom and Dads room, Grace and Benaiah on couch, Mom sitting in rocking-chair

Me- nudge Benaiah in the ribs
Benaiah- ‘Hey!’ shoves my shoulder
Me- ‘Mom, Benaiah…he HIT me!’
Mom- turning around in time to see Benaiah gasp as he shoves me again ‘Benaiah!’
Me- Looking hurt ‘Mom, he-he did it again!’
Mom- ‘Benaiah!’
Benaiah- sputtering ‘She hit me first!’
Me- bringing on the tears. ‘Benaiah, that was a LOVE pat.’
Benaiah- snorts ‘Liar.’
Mom- ‘Benaiah!’
Me- ‘You just called me a liar? Benaiah, I was just trying to tell you I love you.’
Benaiah- Thoroughly speechless. I have made him into the bad guy and Mom’s eating it up.
Me- laugh. ‘Mom, no It was me.’ And proceed to explain how I was just joking.
­Benaiah- ‘You’re so mean.’
Me- about to cry. ‘Mo-o-om’
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment