Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Journey Home-Through the Valley


You’re walking home: You get to the place you absolutely dread passing. It freaks you out. You’re sure someone or something is going to come out of the shadow/ forsaken house/ woods, whatever, you fill it in. Cause I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about. And I’m pretty sure you know what you’re going to have to do. Keep walking. And walk fast!

Ok, so maybe you don’t do that. Maybe you wait, and wait, and wait. But, honey, we’ve been here 50 times before and we all know to get home, you have to get through. Maybe you run, maybe you sneak, maybe you grab a couple of friends and you all scream your way through. But you gotta pass it, like it or not.

And now you’re wondering, where is she going with this? And what a weird way to get to a point. It is, right?

I guess what’s been on my mind lately is that even though there are things you’re scared to death to do, things you never ever wanted to have to face, things you would prefer to just not have happened at all....News flash: it does, and you have to. My advise? Keep walking.

I’m not gonna lie to you, the future is scaring me. Like bad. But (unless I die NOW!) the future will always be there. Somehow, no matter how hard it is to get through, how hard it is to keep face, how hard it is to trust God, I have to keep walking. Because in the end, I know where it leads...I’m going Home. How about you?




No comments:

Post a Comment