Monday, December 27, 2010

Shine, little firefly, shine!

The other night while walking outside I saw a beautiful little firefly! I love fireflies! They're so precious. =) I quickly reached through the grass and held the little bug in my hand, admiring its light. Such a tiny little creature, a BUG no less, and yet look at how brilliant it shines! Here in the midst of darkness it shows how beautiful his light can be. I stood there for a while, mesmerized, just watching it walk across my hand. I was going to set it down, but stopped. This was a firefly! I couldn't just set it down any old place! You know what I did??? I looked for the darkest shadow...that way its light could shine all the brighter! I set it down and smiled. Such an itty-bitty thing but how it glowed! I love fireflies. Did I say that already? =)  


Makes you wonder. . .am I being a firefly?

No comments:

Post a Comment